About the event
We hope you, your family, and friends will join us in this 45-year tradition we call the Original Marathon Seafood Festival on March 13-14, 2021 at Marathon Community Park here in the Islands of Marathon!
Event Hours are as follows: 2021 Event Dates/Times
Saturday, March 13th: 10:00AM – 9:00PM
Sunday, March 14th: 11:00AM – 5:00PM
The Original Marathon Seafood Festival is truly a family-friendly event; featuring fresh-caught local keys seafood at amazing prices, cold beverages for adults and kids, live entertainment the entire weekend, over 220+ vendors to satisfy all your shopping needs, as well as an expanded boat show, and plenty of rides and games for children.
Admission is only $5/person and kids under 12 are free! (handicapped parking available inside the park)
Marathon Seafood Festival To-Do’s, activities, & such:
- Fresh FL Keys Seafood (FL lobster, stone crab, ceviche, mahi-mahi, oysters, shrimp, conchworst, lobster bisque, crab cakes, cuban croquettas, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, sweets, and more) from the sea to your fork!
- Mouth Watering Beverages: cold Bud & Bud Light, Islamorada Beer Company ales and IPA’s, frozen margarita’s and daiquiris, and of course water, Powerade, and Coca Cola.
- 200+ vendors selling jewerly, nautical items (fishing gear, clothing, etc.), retail clothing, home decor, and more… Click here to see our great vendors
- Kids area with a rock climbing wall, bungi jumping, obstacle courses, jenga, face painting, and other great activities (fun for the entire family)
- Boat show showcasing varies boats, engines (all are for sale and ready to go home with you)
- Live Entertainment: live bands playing throughout the weekend, some local like Howard Livingston and the Mile Marker 24 Band, others from Nashville and South FL. Rock-trop, reggae, country, and great island music await. More info on our entertainment lineup here.
- Military Tribute: on Sunday, March 10th at 1PM we always have a military tribute to honor those who have and are currently serving in our military. Our local color guard is on hand while we sing our National Anthem. Unless there is another gov’t shutdown we plan on having a fly over (F 18’s and/or F 4’s) as well at 1PM!
- As you can see there is something for everyone, enjoy our hospitality and get a piece of Florida Keys living and our commercial fishing heritage. We look forward to serving you; sea you at the soon at our 43rd annual Marathon Seafood Festival March 9-10!
A Little History:
The Original Marathon Seafood Festival began in 1976 as a way for local Marathon and Middle Keys commercial fishermen and their families to “kick-back” and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
The inaugural seafood festival humbly began in the parking lot where Publix Supermarket now resides in the center of Marathon. Fresh fish was fried and prepared as well as delicious Florida lobster, oysters, stone crab, and many other locally caught seafood products were served. To date, the festival has grown into the Florida Keys 2nd largest annual event, boasting over 20,000 hungry and thirsty guests each year. The event is still co-organized by the Organized Fishermen of Florida (Marathon Chapter) as well as the Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce. Collectively, both non-profit organizations put over $75,000 in event proceeds back into our community via charitable contributions, donations, and scholarships for local Middle keys students.
***If you would like to be an important part of this great event, consider volunteering to work a booth. You will receive a FREE t-shirt and FREE admission the day you volunteer! Contact Erika at (305) 743-5417 / Erika@FloridaKeysMarathon.com.
We hope to see you, your family, and friends at our 2021 Original Marathon Seafood Festival March 13-14! Sea you soon at the Seafood Fest!
CONTACT US for more information!